Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Quotes 241 to 250

241. Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.

242. You know what’s funny? Those things that you did when we were together that would always piss me off are the things that I miss the most. You know when you’d never stop talking when I was trying to watch a movie? Or how you would always be a smart ass? Or how about the times when you insisted that you loved me more? When you’d playfully make fun of me for saying something wrong, or when you’d pick me up and carry me and throw me in the snow. Or, what about when you would call later than you were supposed to. Those are the things I want back. It’s weird; I used to think that when I was apart from you, I’d be glad I wouldn’t have to put up with them. But now those are the things I miss the most.

243. I’m not that good of a person. I make mistakes I have regrets. I act a lot slower than I really am. I cry. I laugh way too loud when something isn’t really that funny. And sometimes the mean things people say about me can really get to me. But, when I’m with you, I found none of that matter because you make me smile. Being with all the girls in the world doesn't make you a man but making one girl feel like she is the world well that does.

244. I hate that time before you go to sleep at night because that's when all the thoughts you've been trying to avoid start to linger in your mind.

245. I’m afraid of being alone. When people come into my life, I push them away. I don't know why. I know I'm scared, I don't know if it’s of commitment, of everything in the middle, or of losing them in the end. But I try, I do, I try to let people in, but right when they walk through the front door, they're already being pushed out. Maybe I'm afraid of love.

246. Never use failure as an excuse for not trying again. We may not be able to reclaim the loss, undo the damage or reverse the consequences, but we can always make a new start.

247. Just a thought: If people talk behind your back, it simply means you are several steps ahead of them.

248. Life will never provide warranties and guarantees. It can only provide possibilities and opportunities. It’s up to us to convert them into success. Be happy.

249. "There's no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid. What you got to do is figure out what you're afraid of, because when you put a face on it you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it. Looking back on what I said all those years ago, all the hopes and dreams I had, I've come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is a measure of a successful life, then some would say I'm a failure."
-One Tree Hill

250. Sometimes you have to let them go not because you suddenly stopped caring for them, but to see if they care enough to come back.

No comments: